Thursday, April 26, 2012

Not throwing in the towel on this!

I know I've said this before but I'm not throwing in the towel on this challenge just yet!  I am notorious for starting out strong on things and then trailing off.  I'm sure everyone can relate to this in some way.  My husband, Matt, is encouraging me to pick one day a week for the "Jamie Challenge" day.  I picked Tuesday since nothing in my world ever happens on a Tuesday!  People keep asking me what's next on the menu so... this Saturday (the Tuesday thing starts next week, hehe) I will be making and posting Sour Cranberry Bakewells. 

What is a bakewell you ask?  Bakewell is a small market town in Derbyshire Dales, but a bakewell tart according to Wikipedia is this:  The tart consists of a shortcrust pastry shell, spread with jam and covered with a sponge-like filling enriched with ground almonds (known as frangipane).

So... Cranberry bakewells here we come!  Oh yeah and I have a chicken dish to post tonight.  Diamond Chicken Jubilee... oh boy was this crazy good!

No comments:

Post a Comment