Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mission: Groceries & Soup!!

I decided to sort of skip around in the book to keep things exciting and also so I don't get burned out with one particular type of food.  So tonight I have to venture out to the dreaded grocery store... urg!  I'm not sure why I loathe grocery shopping so much.  Maybe it's because of how expensive things are these days!  Although, Meijer is having a really great 10/$10 sale in the produce section this week so I'll definitely have to hit that up.

Two soups on the menu this week: Fresh Tomato Soup with Cheddar Soldiers (sounds like Cadbury gone terribly wrong doesn't it?) and Creamed Mushroom Soup with Doorstep Toast.  The mushroom soup surprisingly calls for a shot of brandy so that will be a first in my grocery cart.  When I think brandy, I picture men by a fire place smoking cigars, drinking brandy and reassuring themselves that they are masters of their domain.  (No offense to anyone who drinks brandy of course, I'm just used to hard liquor drinks with an umbrella in them!) But in soup?  We'll see...  I'm also making Turkey & Sweet Leek Pie this week.  It's not from this book but if you saw the Jamie Cooks Christmas episode this past year you know what I'm talking about!  Can't wait to try this: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/turkey-recipes/turkey-sweet-leek-pie

I've got my list ready so everyone say a prayer that I don't get run over by a crazy lady in one of those scooter carts!  Totally almost got taken out last week!

1 comment: