Monday, February 6, 2012

Baby Broad Bean Salad

This great little salad has summer written all over it.  What a refreshing bite on a February afternoon!


The recipe called for broad beans but since those are no where to be found in Michigan in the winter I used sugar snap peas instead.  Diagonally chop a large handful into small pieces and throw them in a smallish bowl.  Slice one red apple (again I used Pink Lady) into matchsticks and toss those in the bowl as well.  Finely slice some fresh mint and toss will the veg and apple.  Season with salt and pepper and squeeze the juice of one lemon into the bowl.  Add a few glugs of extra virgin olive oil and give it a good toss around with your hands.  The recipe also calls for Lancashire cheese, but I could not find this anywhere.  Instead I cut nuggets of Havarti cheese and added it to the bowl.  That's it!  I loved this salad and will definitely be making this one again.

I decided to make a list of things to try when Matt and I finally make it over the big pond... broad beans and Lancashire cheese are 1 & 2 on that list.

Pub Grub is the next section... Baby Yorkshire Puds with Creamy Smoked Trout is next and My Prawn Cocktail is on deck!

No comments:

Post a Comment