Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bubble & Squeak

I was a little skeptical when I read the ingredients for this recipe, but it turned out really good.  I used parsnip, rutabaga, carrot, brussels sprouts, kale, petite yellow potatoes, fresh thyme and sage.

Honestly, I've never had rutabaga or parsnip before so I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  As I sliced into the parsnip I was really surprised at the great smell!






Dice everything, boil until tender and flatten into a frying pan with a knob of butter.   Wait until you start to get a crust on the bottom, fold in the crispy bits and start all over.  Do this about 5 times.








Finally leave it in the pan to form a crust, flip and create another crust.  Slide it out of the pan and voila...  Bubble & Squeak!  Wicked easy and very tasty!

Did you like my Jamie-isms?

5 comments:

  1. That looks good too! I might have to try this one. If I call it pizza everyone will eat it!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm, I love parsnips! I think I'll need to try this one too... looks so yummy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was definitely really good but just make sure you have a thin layer in the pan. Make two if your mixture of veg makes a lot. I learned this the hard way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/skeptical

    So, how do you spell it?

    ReplyDelete