Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mission Impossible: Finding fresh prawns

I'm not sure why I'm having such a time finding fresh prawns for the shrimp cocktail recipe.  There is a fish market nearby that I'd like to hit up and see if they have any but who knew this would be so tough!  If I can't find any maybe I'll beg my sister in Florida to ship me some :)  I'll move on to New British Classics: Empire Roast Chicken if this fish market doesn't have any.  The Empire Chicken sounds amazing!  Not sure how I feel about sticking my hand in a dead chicken to get the marinade in there but I'll tough it out...or beg Matt, ha!

1 comment:

  1. I can ship some, but holy expensive! Why don't you just thaw some frozen prawns? You can get at Walmart. They were flash frozen as fresh, just like veggies. It'll be close to the same. I'm impressed at your perseverence with this project! You are much braver than me!! Either that, or just bored outta your skull with winter :) Either way, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete