Sunday, February 5, 2012

Apple & Watercress Salad

This was so easy to make!!  My mom and I surprisingly were able to get the apples pretty thin without using a mandolin or the food processor.  I used one Pink Lady Apple and one Jonagold.  For some reason the Jonagold didn't have a whole lot of flavor but i think the dressing made up for that!






For the dressing you throw one trimmed roughly chopped green onion, 1/3 container blue cheese crumbles, natural yoghurt (I had some sour cream kicking around in the fridge so I just used that), cider vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper into a food processor and waz that up until it's smooth.  





 Add some crushed walnuts and washed watercress to the salad bowl and you're all set.  I put a squeeze of lemon into the bowl as well just to keep the apples from turning brown.

I had never tried watercress before and I was surprised by the lack of flavor.  I thought for sure it would have more flavor than it did but now I can see how it would be a good add-in nutritionally without really changing the taste of the salad you're making.  The apples and the dressing were definitely the stars of the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment